Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My introduction.

Mitakuyapi,
Le Anpetu Ki Iyohila Cante' Waste' Nape' Ciyuzpape. Pte San Win Miye. Wasicu Cazeki Babe Poor Bear Emaciyap.  Ate Wayeki Wanju Hoksila.  Wasicu Cazeki Webster Poor Bear Emaciyap.  Ina Wayeki Wilma Colhoff Emaciyap. Lips Tiyospaye Ematahun.

I do different projects besides teaching throughout the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.  This is one of them that I assisted in, which is to bring awareness to Suicide impacting our babies here among the Oglala people.

The reason I decided to go back to graduate school is because I feel like I am not doing enough as a teacher. I would like to develop my own curriculum one day and implement into the school systems across the reservation to empower them to empower themselves.

Hecetu Ksto.
Mitakuye Oyasin

Here are a couple of videos of some of the things I do and enjoy in the communities.






No comments:

Post a Comment